For the Press
Download factsheet (PDF)
„FAR: Lone Sails“ is a vehicle adventure game. The player needs to maintain and upgrade their unique vessel to traverse a dried-out sea.
Facts & Figures
Game Title: FAR: Lone Sails
Release Dates & Platforms: Q1 2018 (PC, Mac), 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)
Steam Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/609320/
Genre: Atmospheric Vehicle Adventure
- Challenging vehicle gameplay: Maintain and upgrade your vessel to overcome numerous obstacles and natural hazards.
- A unique world to discover: Explore a desolate dried-out seabed, follow the trails of your people and find fascinating relics and buildings, that tell the story of a civilization on the run.
- Immersive experience: Revel in astoundingly beautiful landscapes and indulge in the intricate, yet soothing soundtrack.
- A Zombie-free Post-Apocalypse: No violence, gore or death – it’s just you and your machine vs. the big nothing.
Under cloud-strewn skies, the player travels across a seemingly endless dried-up sea, littered with the remains of a once vibrant seafaring civilization. The game’s world is largely devoid of life, yet filled with places to explore and history to discover.
What once was the bottom of an ocean, has turned into a graveyard for submarines and super tankers. Once bustling island settlements have decayed into hilltop ruins. What secrets do they hold? And more importantly… is there any salvage to be found?!
While the greater goal of the journey remains to be uncovered by the player, urgent short-term necessities call for immediate action. The train-like vehicle needs to be fueled, maintained and upgraded to master the challenges that lie ahead…
Awards & Recognition:
- Unity Awards 2017 (Winner)
- GDC Play Best in Play 2017 (Winner)
- IGF Best Studen Game 2017 (Finalist)
- AdoptMyGameAward Best Game 2016 (Winner)
- PLAY16 Most Innovative Newcomer Award 2016 (Winner)
- Best of Indie Arena Booth 2016 (Winner)
- Gamescom Indie Award 2016 (Nominee)
- Independent Games Festival Best Student Game 2016 (Honorable Mention)
- Ludicious Outstanding Talent Award 2016 (Winner)
- Game Connection Europe Best Desktop / Downloadable Game 2015 (Nominee)
- Deutscher Entwicklerpreis: Blue Byte Newcomer Award 2015 (Winner)
- ZHDK Förderpreis BA Design 2015 (Winner)
Team and Social Media:
Don Schmocker: Creative Mastermind & Game Designer from Zurich, Switzerland
Goran Saric: Code Tamer & Game Designer from Zurich, Switzerland
Martina Hugentobler: Artist & Animator
Philipp Stern: Game Designer
Joel Schoch: Composer
Wonderfully eerie and atmospheric, with a painterly grey-hued palette, you discover the stark narrative via ruins and wrecks. A striking game … a subtly moving experience.
– Holly Nielsen, The Guardian
Una pequeña joya.
– Ángel Luis Sucasas, El País
– Sam Foxall, PCGamesN
I loved just about everything about it. … one of this years Gamescom highlights.
– Thomas Faust, indiegames.com
Certainly, this is one to watch.
– Jez Corden, Windowscentral.com
Atmospheric and mediative.
– Tyler Fisher, Dualshockers.com
Gra ma w sobie pewną subtelność, urok nieśpiesznej tułaczki, która hipnotyzuje od pierwszych chwil.
– Patryk Fijałkowski, Polygamia.pl
Der Weg ist das Ziel – und der Weg sieht wunderschön aus.
– Sandro Odak, IGN Deutschland
Artisticamente FAR è indubbiamente una perla.
– Mario Petillo, GamesVillage.it
FAR is one of the few games that compares to its concept art. … FAR is a quiet game that occasionally gets vicious but through the implicit lessons of vehicle maintenance it prepares us for these more testing moments.
– Christ Priestman, Kill Screen
For PR enquiries please contact Alexandra Palme:
phone: +49 89 383 770 924