For the Press
Download factsheet (PDF)
„FAR: Lone Sails“ is a vehicle adventure game. The player needs to maintain and upgrade their unique vessel to traverse a dried-out sea.
Facts & Figures
Game Title: FAR: Lone Sails
Release Date: 2017
Platforms: PC, Mac, Xbox, Playstation
Genre: Atmospheric Vehicle Adventure
Developer: Mr. Whale’s Game Service
Publisher: Mixtvision Mediengesellschaft GmbH
- Challenging vehicle gameplay: Maintain and upgrade your vessel to overcome numerous obstacles and hazardous weather conditions.
- A unique world to discover: Explore a desolate dried-out seabed and follow the trails of a once flourishing civilization.
- Immersive experience: Revel in astoundingly beautiful landscapes and indulge in the intricate, yet soothing soundtrack.
Under cloud-strewn skies, the player travels across a seemingly endless dried-up sea, littered with the remains of a once vibrant seafaring civilization. The game’s world is largely devoid of life, yet filled with places to explore and history to discover.
What once was the bottom of an ocean, has turned into a graveyard for submarines and super tankers. Once bustling island settlements have decayed into hilltop ruins. What secrets do they hold? And more importantly… is there any salvage to be found?!
While the greater goal of the journey remains to be uncovered by the player, urgent short-term necessities call for immediate action. The train-like vehicle needs to be fueled, maintained and upgraded to master the challenges that lie ahead…
Awards & Recognition:
- GDC Play Best in Play 2017 (Winner)
- IGF Best Studen Game 2017 (Finalist)
- AdoptMyGameAward Best Game 2016 (Winner)
- PLAY16 Most Innovative Newcomer Award 2016 (Winner)
- Best of Indie Arena Booth 2016 (Winner)
- Gamescom Indie Award 2016 (Nominee)
- Independent Games Festival Best Student Game 2016 (Honorable Mention)
- Ludicious Outstanding Talent Award 2016 (Winner)
- Game Connection Europe Best Desktop / Downloadable Game 2015 (Nominee)
- Blue Byte Newcomer Award 2015 (Winner)
- ZHDK Förderpreis BA Design 2015 (Winner)
Team and Social Media:
Don Schmocker: Creative Mastermind and Game Designer from Zurich, Switzerland
Goran Saric: Code Tamer and Game Designer from Zurich, Switzerland
FAR is one of the few games that compares to its concept art. … FAR is a quiet game that occasionally gets vicious but through the implicit lessons of vehicle maintenance it prepares us for these more testing moments.
– Christ Priestman, Kill Screen
FAR begeistert auch Nichtspieler. … Spieler stehen darin einer extrem farbreduzierten, atmosphärisch dichten Welt gegenüber: Sie geniessen einerseits eine stimmungsvolle Fernsicht und einladende Weiten, fühlen sich in diesem Reich andererseits aber auch einsam.
– Jan Graber, 20min.ch
Artisticamente FAR è indubbiamente una perla.
– Mario Petillo, GamesVillage.it
For PR enquiries please contact Alexandra Palme:
phone: +49 89 383 770 924